How do I send the audio from NDI Source to Skype?

JayCeeR212

Hello, everyone. Greetings form Brazil! I'm an English teacher and I have set up OBS for my online classes in the following manner:

1. A Windows 10 Pro x64 laptop as a NDI Source to play multimedia PowerPoint presentations;

2. A Windows 10 Pro x64 desktop PC with:
- OBS (all audio settings disabled and monitoring set to default);
- VB-Audio Virtual Cables;
- Voicemeeter Banana to route all the audio sources from this computer to Skype;
- Windows Sound Control Panel set to 'Voicemeeter Input ' as the default PLAYBACK device;
- Windows Sound Control Panel set to 'VB-Audio CABLE Output' as the default RECORDING device;
- Skype microphone set to CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable);
- Skype speakers set to my headphones.

Everything works, EXCEPT that I can't find a way to correctly route the sound from the OBS NDI Source sent to the streaming computer to Skype. The best I was able to get was a low quality echoed audio, and I don't even know how I did it. Another teacher I know was easily able to accomplish this on his Mac using Audio Hijack and Loopback.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this issue on Windows? I really appreciate your time and help. Thanks a million!

Best regards,

JC.

DavidVera

You can use the application NDI Virtual Input included in the NDI Tools to select the OBS NDI Source as an emulated virtual webcam with audio. The you can simply route the (NewTek NDI Audio) microphone device with voicemeeter to skype.

As a sidenote the NDI Virtual Input may sound too quiet, in that case just right-click the NDI Virtual Input icon on your taskbar > Audio and select a setting suitable for your needs.

JayCeeR212

Hi, David. I had already found a way to do that, by connecting a cable from my laptop Headphone Out to my streaming PC Line In, then routing the audio to Skype through Voicemeeter Banana.

However, I went ahead and tried your suggestion anyway and it worked perfectly! It's simpler because and I don't have to use cables. Thank you very much for your time and help! I really appreciate it.