Question / Help How do I record windows 10 apps?

akotski1339

Hello. I'd like to know how people record windows apps. if I select the app in the game capture, I get a black screen. this doesn't happen to programs. window capture is the same deal. The only way I can record is with display capture but the gameplay comes out laggy. The only way to avoid this is to play the game in windowed mode but this reduces the resolution and just ends up looking even worse in the end. I've been experimenting for a while and can't seem to find a way. I see people on YouTube that have recorded games like Forza that only come as apps in the store and I can't seem to replicate the quality even though I should be able to. Thanks
Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/XEzudrwa5WHq90we

Alfred Mukenya

The ability to capture windows store apps was just recently added in version 25.
This is funny. I downloaded OBS latest version (25) but it cant window capture any open window related to Microsoft windows store.

Is there a setting to activate or deactivate this in this version to make it work? Am trying to window capture the 'Lmaster' app in OBS to livestream...

carlmmii

The Capture Method needs to be set to "Automatic" or "Windows Graphics Capture (Windows 10 1903 and up)".

Attachments

• window_capture.jpg
    window_capture.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 330

koala

Windows 10 Onenote App is one of the few apps that refuse OBS window capture. You have to resort to display capture. As alternative, you can as well download the desktop version of OneNote, this is being captured by OBS fine.