Question / Help How do I get computer and PS4 5.1 audio into one headset ?

Herolordman

I need the 5.1 surround sound from the PS4 and the Mac audio in one headset. There are 2 ways I can see this being possible.
1) somehow routing the PS4 5.1 audio to the computer, and then having the headset connected to the computer.
2) somehow routing the mac audio to the headset while having a headset that connects to the PS4.

For the first scenario, is there eve a way to route/monitor 5.1 (dolby or DTS) sources in Mac? I have blackmagic HDMI cards, but i dont know if they receive 5.1 audio through the HDMI cable. Has anyone managed to get the console 5.1 audio and the computer audio in one headset at the same time?

amsyar ZeRo

I need the 5.1 surround sound from the PS4 and the Mac audio in one headset. There are 2 ways I can see this being possible.
1) somehow routing the PS4 5.1 audio to the computer, and then having the headset connected to the computer.
2) somehow routing the mac audio to the headset while having a headset that connects to the PS4.

For the first scenario, is there eve a way to route/monitor 5.1 (dolby or DTS) sources in Mac? I have blackmagic HDMI cards, but i dont know if they receive 5.1 audio through the HDMI cable. Has anyone managed to get the console 5.1 audio and the computer audio in one headset at the same time?

The audio comes from the TV right?And you connected the HDMI cable to the TV.Try the first scenario.

Herolordman

The audio comes from the TV right?And you connected the HDMI cable to the TV.Try the first scenario.
My current setup is this. PS4 hdmi goes to hdmi splitter that sends one HDMI feed to my Mac, and one to the TV (so I can stream the PS4 and not have the video lag that the capture card adds). Then, I have the optical audio out of the ps4 going to a optical-rca converter that connects to my usb audio device on Mac. This means that I have 2 choices for how to get the audio to the mac (the hdmi gives it audio that i can monitor with "line in", and the optical to rca also lets me monitor it). Then, I have a headset connected to the computer which gives me the game audio, and the computer audio. The problem is that with a 5.1 headset, going through the Mac would turn the game audio to stereo, and the mic on the headset wont work in the game. If i use a 5.1 headset that connects to the game, then the surround sound works, and the mic works, but then I have no computer audio.