Question / Help How do I crop a screen?

Dromas Gamer

Ok so I'm trying to crop a screen for a live subscriber count and I have a iMac and I also have a PC keyboard that connects to a iMac, so how would I crop a screen?

Narcogen

Do you mean take a screenshot?

The default keyboard shortcut for taking a full screenshot of your desktop(s) is command-shift-3. (With a PC keyboard, that's windows-shift-3.

If you want an opportunity to use a marquee selector to choose a portion of the screen, use command (windows) shift 4.

If you've already taken a screenshot and want to crop it, open it in Preview (the default location for screen shots in OS X is the desktop), choose the Crop tool, and hit Command (Windows) K to crop.

If you want to double-check your keyboard shortcut settings, or change then, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu in the top left and choose the Keyboard item, then the Shortcuts tab. There will be a Screen Shots item in the left hand side of the window.

If you already have a screenshot you want to use as a media file source in OBS and you want to crop it in OBS, right click the media source and choose Transform > Edit Transform from the contextual menu. Here you can resize and crop the image.

Last edited: