Question / Help How do I broadcast OBS output through Skype

BionicTim

I have searched for the answer but not found out if it's even possible. I want to create a stream using my MacBook Pro webcam into OBS, add captions etc and broadcast into a Skype call. The only video input on Skype is "Built-in iSight" which is the default webCam. Using my Windows 7 laptop and XSplit, I do have the Skype input option that I want. XSplit does not have any software for Mac os. OBS is very similar and great to use but is there a work around to have an output that Skype can see as a 'camera' input. Thanks for your help.

Narcogen

Not on MacOS, no. On Windows this is accomplished by a third party plugin that exports OBS output as a webcam device. This plugin does not exist for MacOS, and Skype has options to send its output as NDI, but no facility for accepting NDI as a camera input.

michaelmistaken

Would this chain work?

OBS -> HDMI out -> Elgato Camlink -> Webcam compatible input -> Skype Video Input?

(Not that it's a sensible idea...)

michaelmistaken

I don't have a Camlink to test, but an off brand capture card (Elikliv) capture that presents itself as a Webcam device is visible to Skype on my Mac, and I can preview the capture in Skype settings.

(For clarity, I do not recommend the Elikliv, it only runs in very low quality MJPEG mode on macOS).