Question / Help How do capture a single audio window??

Layzar

I have tried for hours now to figure out how to capture only one window of audio. Because i want to listen to music but only capture my games audio but i cant figure out how please help soon!!

not really sure buddy, but if obs is set to capture your desktop, it'll capture ALL of your desktop.... I think you'd have to set it up so that even if the game audio and music came through your pc speakers, they'd have to be set as different sources in the Playback devices... and then in OBS set it up to capture on the playback device which the game audio comes through., question is: how does one do that?

Harold

OBS does its capturing per-device, not per-application. You need to use virtual audio cables to isolate sounds like you want to.

d0dUxDJ

There is an easy solution if you have two audio devices, otherwise there's a harder one. I have Realtek Digital Output, and that's where all my games are, and then I have regular "Speakers", and that's where Discord and other apps like this are. I record two audio tracks, plus my microphone (3 tracks). One has game audio (and general system sound), the other has Discord. If you can set VLC or whatever you use to listen to music to your other audio device, you're good. Otherwise, there's the harder version. Using VB Audio Cable to manually do it (or similar programs). But it's a pain in the arse. Thankfully someone on this site made a tutorial with 3 different solutions you can try out. https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...audio-sources-off-your-stream-or-recording.8/

OBS does its capturing per-device, not per-application. You need to use virtual audio cables to isolate sounds like you want to.

Do you know if it's a planned feature, or is it never gonna be there?

Layzar

i got it i think
im about to try and use my usb wireless headset for music and plug unused earbuds and use the sound from the earbuds thanks guys for the help :)
but now i have figure out how to do that XD

d0dUxDJ

i got it i think
im about to try and use my usb wireless headset for music and plug unused earbuds and use the sound from the earbuds thanks guys for the help :)
but now i have figure out how to do that XD
You could always "fake" to have more devices with one of the methods I linked you (my previous post), but I guess your solution works too! If it works for you, great.