How can you use a mixer to adjust mic and game sound?

grishrak

I have been searching youtube and google threads for a few days and I can't figure this out. Everything I search for is about splitting audio with Voicemeeter such as music, discord, and your mic and controlling what goes out over your stream. My issue is I can't lower game volume without it impacting my mic cause it plays in one channel. I even hooked up my two mixers together using Voicemeeter which worked a little but no matter which mic I used my MXL BCD-1 or my Audio Techinca AT2035 even cracked all the way up in gain my voice was still buried. Is there any work around? I don't want to have to wear my Vive headset to do this or use a USB mic because the only one I have is a Snowball which I have to yell into just be heard at all and even then I sound like I'm on the other side of the room.

Sukiyucky

When things crackle, it depends on the quality of the audio interface device and the audio device drivers. The more expensive audio interfaces have a team of expert audio device driver programmers that know the inside and out of the h/w interface itself and tricks to deliver a solid, very fast low latency audio device driver.

If things start to crackle, its because you didn't set a proper sampling rate and sample rate. The ring queue buffer size is set too small. You have to increase the buffer size.

In VoiceMeeter, click the Menu button on the mixer. A System Settings dialog box will appear.

Set the ASIO SR and Preferred main samplerate to be the same. The frequency what it is set when you bring up the audio interface recording tab. Whatever is the default recording device, right click on it to bring up Properties. Click on the Advanced tab and set the Default Format to be 1 channel, 16 or 24 bit, 441000 to match. Also, make sure OBS Audio samplerate is set to 44.1kHz to match as well.

In the Buffering MME, WDM, KS, and ASIO, start at 256 and lower in 32 increments (i.e. 128, 160, 192, 256, 512, etc). The lower the number, the lower the latency. The better the audio interface, the better the audio device drivers and lower latency. Most consumer non professional audio interfaces are cheaply developed and are not what you will see in professional studios. With all the audio interfaces I've used, 256 is probably the average. High end are in the 32 and 64 settings. Dont bother with those, it likely won't work.

Also, try to use the ASIO driver if made available for the audio interface to reduce latency. if the audio interface is any good, there should be a USB/ASIO driver installed. If you don't know, ask the manufacturer.

grishrak

The audio was good just too low since if I turned my mic volume up it also turned the game music up my mixers are good I've used both doing podcasts. I have a Behringer Xenyx302 and a Alesis Multimix4