Question / Help How can I record just 1 single frame from stream?

Mr.P

It´s possible to record just 1 single frame from stream? (Any format, but if possible, image)!
If yes, how to!

Thanks in advance.

Mr.P

The perfect option for me is not possible, (print screen from the streaming window), so I need to record a single frame from my stream to make a workaround.

I am streaming 360º videos and I need take a single frame / photo to show as spherical image in a VR platform. To do that, I need to grab a single frame from my stream window. All the rest to inject metadata I know what to do.

Do you know how I can record a single frame in OBS?
I can do this with any streaming software but not in OBS.

Thanks.

Mr.P

Thank you Boildown, I know Fraps, I have use fraps many years on my "EVE Online" nights :), but I am not sure if it will work on this, sure, I can try, but I´am trying to keep it simple just to take a picture.

And what about output / recording options! There must be an option to record just 1 frame in x seconds! Or not!

I am new to OBS, probably I am missing something.

Mr.P

Fraps don´t work. It´s not possible to select the stream window with fraps. I can only select all OBS window, not just the stream live screen. :(

I don´t understand why there is not just an option on menu saying "save image". Just keep it simple.

Boildown

Are you recording the file to disk at all? If so you can use any of many video players to grab one frame out of the movie file you save.

Mr.P

Boildown, thanks for lose some of your time trying to help me.

I begin using OBS studio just because I can stream a 360º video + cromakey directly. (Fast and easy).

When I begin my tests last week, OBS looks the perfect dreamy solution for my presentations, but without this detail that I only knew about today, (OBS cannot take screenshots), all change to me :(

All our presentations are done "on the move", we don´t have much time when we arrive for a conference. All minutes are important.

In this moment I cannot take a single frame from my screen to share and promote my show before it begins without doing all the process I use to do without OBS.

This little detail breaks all the concept that was already done on OBS to make streams easy and fast.

I hope developments can bring this options soon.

Boildown

I'd try making a feature request to the OBS developers. There's a good chance they'll suggest another way to go about it that I'm not aware of. And maybe they'll implement it if not.