Question / Help How can i get my stream to show up in PS4? Losing viewers (explanation inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herolordman

Hey yalls. As some of you know, the PS4 has its own ability to stream to twitch. In addition to that, PS4 advertises people streaming on PS4 to PS4 users. For example, from my PS4 front page, I can see when friends are streaming on there PS4s, and i can watch from there. The problem is that when I swtiched to OBS, I stopped showing up on my friends' PS4s as Sony doesnt know that I am still using a PS4, through OBS however. Is there a way to stream through OBS and still show up on people's PS4 systems? I used to get about 40 viewers on good days, and now i peak at about 14 even though my stream quality is alot better, and i assume that its because PS4 users can no longer see on in the "whos live" section, or whatever its called.

Herolordman

why cant someone just figure out how to make it think its coming from a ps4, or figure out how to turn the PS4 camera port into a video-in that adds overlays from a computer? Given all the ingenuity that occurred in the 1800's and early 1900's with a fraction of the population, you would think someone would have already done this since there are 8 billion people on earth. 8 billion people on earth, and not a single one can compose like Rachmaninoff or even mod the PS4 camera port to allow video in from something like OBS.

Narcogen

Why would the OBS developers want to help people trick Twitch and Sony into thinking OBS is PlayStation hardware when it isn't? What would stop PC and Xbox users from promoting their streams through Sony's services if that were possible?

Mod the camera port... I really don't think you've got any idea what you're talking about there. Consoles are generally locked down to work only with supported peripherals with very few exceptions. You might as well ask for your PlayStation to work with a Kinect camera, or for an Xbox to support Sony Move or a Wiimote.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
e9d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.