How can I enable my 3 webcams?

kahakura

I'm trying to set up a three-camera system with external USB webcams in OBS on Windows 10. Initially, I could only get two external webcams to work alongside the built-in webcam, which has low quality. To free up a USB Root Hub and connect all three external webcams, I disabled the built-in webcam in Windows 10 setup. Unfortunately, this action disabled all webcams, and now I can't enable any of them, including the built-in webcam, even after re-enabling it in Windows 10 setup.

How can I re-enable my webcams and set up three external USB webcams in OBS on Windows 10?

Additional Context
Windows 10: Current operating system.

OBS: Software used for managing the webcam setup.

USB Root Hub Limitation: Limited to one webcam per USB Root Hub.

Steps Taken: Disabled the built-in webcam in hopes of freeing up resources, but now all webcams are disabled.

Desired Outcome
I need a solution to:
  • Re-enable all webcams, including the built-in webcam.
  • Configure OBS to use three external USB webcams simultaneously.
  • Any advice or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated!

Suslik V

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm trying to set up a three-camera system with external USB webcams in OBS on Windows 10. Initially, I could only get two external webcams to work alongside the built-in webcam, which has low quality. To free up a USB Root Hub and connect all three external webcams, I disabled the built-in webcam in Windows 10 setup. Unfortunately, this action disabled all webcams, and now I can't enable any of them, including the built-in webcam, even after re-enabling it in Windows 10 setup.

Steps Taken: Disabled the built-in webcam in hopes of freeing up resources, but now all webcams are disabled.
If you did NOT add the built-in webcam in OBS Studio, and weren't using it within another application, it wouldn't have used any (material) resources

What, exactly did you do to disable the webcams in Win10 setup? and why not simply reverse that process? (having NOTHING to do with OBS Studio)

> USB Root Hub Limitation: Limited to one webcam per USB Root Hub.
Uh, no.... the limit depends on the technical capability of the specific USB Root Hub chipset, combined with the video output of the cameras, and camera drivers. Ie, different computers, with different cameras will have different limits. And, no, knowing in advance what that specific limit is not a thing... it depends. other devices, etc. one has to test and find out

And older computers, usually have a much lower limit. Are you still on the i7-6700T @ 2.80GHz, or do you have a newer, more powerful computer you are working on now for OBS Studio?