Question / Help HotKeys stopped working with an update of OBS

kjonesrus

Just run into this problem running OBS 29.1.3 on an M1 Mac running Ventura 13.5.
I tried the permissions fixes posted in this thread and they did not work for me, but reading through the comments someone said not to select a scene.

Messing around with this gave me a solution to this frustrating problem.
If I have clicked on Scene or Sources boxes then the Hotkeys stop working. If I click in the Audio Mixer area (not on anything in particular) then the Hotkeys start working again. The same Scene is selected in both cases (no visible change in the OBS window when I was clicking around, but this seems to reliabiably get my Hotkeys from a non-working to working state again, without needing to restart OBS mid-stream.

I am going to try this live on the next stream and see if hold up...fingers crossed.
It would be great if someone could fix this infuriating bug ! Thanks.

nilanka

Just run into this problem running OBS 29.1.3 on an M1 Mac running Ventura 13.5.
I tried the permissions fixes posted in this thread and they did not work for me, but reading through the comments someone said not to select a scene.

Messing around with this gave me a solution to this frustrating problem.
If I have clicked on Scene or Sources boxes then the Hotkeys stop working. If I click in the Audio Mixer area (not on anything in particular) then the Hotkeys start working again. The same Scene is selected in both cases (no visible change in the OBS window when I was clicking around, but this seems to reliabiably get my Hotkeys from a non-working to working state again, without needing to restart OBS mid-stream.

I am going to try this live on the next stream and see if hold up...fingers crossed.
It would be great if someone could fix this infuriating bug ! Thanks.

Same behavior, M2 13.4. Really frustrating.

andy5211d

New to OBS and Lua and not sure if my problem is from the same issue. I have a number of Hotkeys assigned in Lua Code and work as expected but Ctrl+F1 to Ctrl+F12 do not do anything. Can see in "settings / hotkeys" that these keys are not getting assigned. I'm guessing the Lua code I'm using if incorrect but 'thought' this worked with an earlier version of OBS. This is the code I'm using:

-- Hotkey definitions and default settings hk = {} key_1 = '{ "htk_1": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F1" } ], ' -- HK to temp remove_overlays key_2 = ' "htk_2": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F2" } ], ' -- HK to temp display_overlays (all of them) key_3 = ' "htk_3": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F3" } ], ' -- HK to redisplay_overlays key_4 = ' "htk_4": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F12" } ], ' -- HK to toggle_event_position key_5 = ' "htk_5": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F9" } ], ' -- HK to toggle_event_type (synchro or individual) key_6 = ' "htk_6": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F5" } ], ' -- HK to permanently remove overlays key_7 = ' "htk_7": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F8" } ], ' -- HK to disable auto-hide of overlays key_8 = ' "htk_8": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_F10" } ], ' -- HK to toggle Event A or Event B key_9 = ' "htk_9": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_Ctrl+F12" } ] } ' -- HK to toggle simultanious events mode json_s = key_1 .. key_2 .. key_3 .. key_4 .. key_5 .. key_6 .. key_7 .. key_8 .. key_9 default_hotkeys = { {id='htk_1', des='Temporary Remove DR2TVOverlays ', callback=remove_overlays}, {id='htk_2', des='Temporary Display All DR2TVOverlays ', callback=display_overlays}, {id='htk_3', des='Re-display Overlays ', callback=redisplay_overlays}, {id='htk_4', des='Toggle Event Overlay Position ', callback=toggle_event_position}, {id='htk_5', des='Toggle Event Type (Synchro or Individual) ', callback=toggle_event_type}, {id='htk_6', des='Permanently Remove All Overlays ', callback=toggle_display_disable}, {id='htk_7', des='Disable Auto-hide of Overlays ', callback=toggle_disable_of_autohide}, {id='htk_8', des='Toggle to Display Event A or Event B ', callback=toggle_event_a_or_b}, {id='htk_9', des='Toggle to/from Simultaneous Event Overlays ', callback=toggle_simultaneous_events}, } -- The function named "script_load" will be called on startup function script_load(settings) s = obs.obs_data_create_from_json(json_s) for _,v in pairs(default_hotkeys) do a = obs.obs_data_get_array(s,v.id) h = obs.obs_hotkey_register_frontend(v.id,v.des,v.callback) obs.obs_hotkey_load(h,a) obs.obs_data_array_release(a) end obs.obs_data_release(s)

Obviously there is more code in the sketch than above but through experimentation I'm thinking that this bit is now (always was?) not working:

key_9 = ' "htk_9": [ { "key": "OBS_KEY_Ctrl+F12" } ] } ' -- HK to toggle simultaneous events mode

and specifically the "OBS_KEY_Ctrl+F12" as replacing this with "OBS_KEY_F4" works as expected.

Is there some other code construct I should be using for HotKey modifiers as I note that OBS_KEY_Shft+F12 does not work either.

Thanks for any help

Corbech

I don't know if this would apply here, but I'm having a rather unique issue. For me my numpad keys have incorrect assignments. numpad 2 is down arrow, numpad 3 is page down, numpad 0 is end, etc. When I check my keys it says that all the keys are properly assigned to their respective keys. Does anyone know whats going on with my keyboard?