Hot Keys to fade between scens and to mute mic/aux

Hello

I'm just trying to get my head around hotkeys for 2 function in particular 1- To fade betwen scenes (I assigned that to my space bar) and 2- to mute the mic/aux (I assigned that to 0 on my key pad). However, neither work. I notice that in the settings the titles have an asterix next to them. What does that mean? Do I have to do some sort of key combination to make it work?

Thanks,

I may be wrong but an asterix simply means that that function is paired with the opposite of that action ie. show & hide, start & stop
What you should be looking for is the assigned key to appear in the box, so spacebar would have "space" written in the box after assigned and return key would have "↩" appeared in the box. Also don't forget to apply and "OK" to commit those changes. If the hotkey has been used in another assigned then it would have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark (!) inside it.
Hope this makes sense.

Tao Denkyem

The only way I’ve been able to work around OBS’s inability to fade the audio between scenes is to assign fade-up and fade-down filters to the sources in the scenes and then either assign hot keys to the fade filters manually or create multi-action Stream Deck buttons. For example, I have a 3 action multi-action Stream Deck button that automatically fades down the audio of the active source, fades-up the audio of the incoming source and then selects the scene/video of the incoming source.

Why the audio associated with a video is treated like a separate entity in OBS is a mystery to me. The subdivision goes away eventually, but it doesn’t follow the source transition. It just cuts off abruptly after the switch is complete. There should be an “audio follows video” function as there is on just about every hardware production switcher ever made.