Question / Help Horrible Static During Stream - no Mic

ncurley8

Hey guys i'm having some trouble with a horrible static noise coming onto my stream when streaming. I am mixing music on a pioneer ddi-sr and using serato on my laptop, as well as OBS. I have tried streaming to facebook and twitch, and the static seems to appear regardless. Sometimes it comes in early on, but usually comes on around 45 minutes to an hour into the stream. I am not using a mic at all, but there may be a mic setting I have to turn off? It's odd because the static starts at different times during the stream. Restarting my dj software (serato) as well as OBS seems to fix the problem, but it always comes back. Any advice would be much appreciated.

SKH

Hello there, I don't have any answers but am having a similar problem with Traktor S2 MK2.
On my end, there is a horrible static noise - at moments so bad I cannot hear the music - but as you say, it also disappears.
I can confirm the same noise happens whether I plug my headphones into (i) the headphone jack on tracktor (ii) the main output jack (iii) into my amplifier when I connect tracktor to my amp.

People don't hear it on Twitch when I live stream but I can't stream music if all I can hear is the static.

Any help would be much appreciated!

ncurley8

Hey Man so I actually figured out my issue, which may help with your issue but I'm unsure. For whatever reason, just using my pioneer controller and MacBook was not enough to preserve the sound quality, so during the stream once it reached a certain noise level it just all went to shit and static took over the sound (this is purely conjecture). I invested in a great audio interface, the behringer U-control UCA222, and now i have absolutely 0 sound issues, in fact the sound is way more crisp and sounds perfect, and is even comparable to professional dj streams if I do say so myself. It sounds like you may not have one, so I would highly recommend investing and seeing if that helps your problem.

Hope you figure it out!