Question / Help High Pitched feedback with interface-Ableton-Voicemeeter

ddhf

I'm trying to get OBS to work with Ableton Live 9 (suite), a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (1st Gen - latest ASIO drivers) and Voicemeeter (not banana).

I want to record my guitar which goes into a DI box then the interface and runs through NI guitar rig 5 as an Ableton VST.

Everything is OK until I arm the track to record in Ableton when the most horrendous high pitched feedback starts screaming through the speakers. Does anyone know of an issue or step/setting I'm missing? I've watched about 4 Youtube videos taking me through the process of setting up Voicemmeter/Ableton.

I'm looking to stream Ableton/Webcam with post FX guitar signal and ideally a mic as well.

I'd settle for just having all the sound come off the Ableton master track if that's an option?

ddhf

Update - I've been reading the Voicemeeter manual and think I may have a feedback loop as I have the Guitar track set to monitor. I'll play around with it when I get home.

Alternatively is it possible to get Voicemeeter to bypass the interface input altogether and just take the virtual input from Ableton? So effectively I'm recording the guitar through the Focusrite - using Guitar rig as a VST and the output of the Ableton application just goes to Voicemeeter which is then what OBS uses?