Question / Help High Pitched buzzing with OBS

logo

When I try to record audio in OBS, I get a high pitched buzzing in the background any time the mic is open. I have noise suppression and noise gate on, but as you can see, as soon as the mic opens up, you can hear the humming immediately. This is not an issue recording directly into the PS4 or to the PC in Premiere, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Treva Harper

Hi,
I have also been having a buzzing issue. Thought it was my microphone until I recorded a video without it and still had the buzzing.
Found any solutions for it?

Gazbeard

Check if your webcam has its own microphone and is recording things like the PC fans - had this issue (sounded like highway traffic constantly in background) and discovered the webcam microphone was in constant "on" with maxed out mic gain - in the end I soloved it by muting the webcam's mic in OBS (slide the webcam mic gain all the way to the left = infinite -db).

SheppardSG1

I had the same problem today i just reinstall obs cause i was on streamlabs and wanted to try obs live boom pitch noise when mic start picking my voice so i put gain on filters to 29 in obs and it was gone that sort it out for me hope that info helps :)

akw2000

If your mic has a mic boost setting, just turn that off. In my case I have a Fantech headset with the software sniper audio, I just had to turn the mic boost option there.