Here goes my suggestion from UI, Interface to Functions

How about updating the OBS Interface like I did. Fix some windows/tabs that does not flow well, does not re-size when some fonts sizes changes. Add custom transition to any scene that remembers them. So you don't have to use a plug-in for that. Add camera settings to the tab for fast access. Also, add camera setting of the camera, so you don't have to pop any outside window to control the camera. Remove the dynamic streaming. it does not work. For the dynamic bandwidth... Fix by checking the upload every 2,3,4 (let the user decide on that) and it automatically change the Mbps on the Output. See! I just gave the solution to create a true dynamic video that works without adding a ton of code to the exiting C++ code.

Example: let's say I started to stream at 3000Mbps and the auto-check of the upload see that my upload is now 2000Mbps, so you calculate the buffer time of the video and before it ends/becomes empty the OBS software changes the Output to 1690Mbps and so on. And it will automatic changes back if the check of the upload passes 5 times... so the output becomes 3000Mbps. Simple solution that works 100% every time!

Now, I recommend what I have created for the UI, specially on the T-BAR. Add some middle points that snaps to the center, so when you have two video and you want them to be the same size on the screen, you don't have to check what I did to the UI with a marker point the center of the T-bar slider.

Another thing is... Get all major plugins that works 100% every time, not 99%... embed them on the install. And give credits to the creators. Add YouTube Chat API, so Super chats, etc can be activated inside OBS.

There are so many things I can share to help the OBS community and development in making obs even better, but it is not up to me and yes the willing of the free time of others. In my opinion, OBS is by far the most stable stream application. But most of the problems people have is not from OBS. The installations, functions, etc can be frustrating to many. So, less is more and the complex stuff behind the scenes. Why I have to do this, that, install this and that, and so on? Why not work on the next OBS version and do a major clean up on things that does not work, upgrade the UI to something that makes sense real state and functionality. The problem with Open Source is that it all depends on the will and time of those that can share their knowledge and skills set. Maybe if OBS had foundation that you/users could choose/public pay for what functionality should have the next upgrade. Everyone working together for one goal only to achieve the best function and then move on to the next best thing. B-creative!

InteractiveDNA

Last edited: