Help with audio setup (Elgato, multiple scenes, different volumes)

Erebru

Hey,

we have a two computer setup for "pair streaming" here, both computers run the game and one doubles as streaming machine. The second computer is captured via an Elgato HD60.

We would like to have the two following scenes:
  • Computer 1 full screen with computer 2 as picture-in-picture with computer 1's sound (desktop audio) playing
  • Computer 2 (via Elgato) full screen with computer 1 as picture-in-picture and with the sound from computer 2

When I add the Elgato to a scene, it automatically creates an audio device. In settings all audio devices are set to off. Result is that I can't manage to get scene 1 with just the Elgato picture and no Elgato sound and scene 2 with the Elgato sound.

Things I tried so far:
  1. Per-scene volume settings is not possible (a respective pull request was closed in 2019), volume settings are always global
  2. Custom audio devices for the Elgato with Voicemeeter and VB-Cable -> no audio on the cable and in Voicemeeter
  3. Have separate instances of the Elgato with automatic unloading in the scenes -> the monitor of the second PC is connected via HDMI pass through, re-initializing the Elgato causes that monitor (and the stream) to go dark for about 10 seconds
Now I am running out of ideas. Anyone has such a setup and can recommend something?

Cheers,
Erebru