Question / Help Help setting up audio (Startech PEXHDCAP60)

Draikin

I recently acquired a Startech PEXHDCAP60 and I'm looking into using OBS to stream some console games. However, I'm somewhat confused over how to handle the audio. To get the audio from the card, I have to select "use custom audio device" and select "SA1760 PCI, Analog 01 WaveIn".

yWqt37O.jpg

However, setting the audio Output Mode to "Capture audio only" doesn't seem to allow me to record anything. I can see that the Video Capture Device is getting audio (see below), but there's no sound in the video when I record it.
zRVzywA.jpgg

Setting the audio Output Mode to "Output Desktop Audio (DirectSound)" does works, but the problem there is that this records any sound coming from my speakers. Additionally, I can't seem to lower the audio volume without having it directly impact the volume of the recording (which has a lower volume than what I'm hearing through my speakers). Changing the volume sliders doesn't impact the audio being output to the desktop.

q7BPzdc.jpg

So I'm not sure what the best approach is. For now, I'd rather have only stream/record the audio from the capture card. But it'd also be nice to hear it on my desktop speakers while doing so. Yet the latter only seems possible when I capture all desktop audio, rather than just the capture card. I'd appreciate any insight into how to achieve that, if it's at all possible.

Harold

Is the video capture device's sound enabled in the mixer for the audio track you're outputting? (click the gear icon next to the word mixer in the main window)

Draikin

As far as I can tell, yes. There's no option to disable it, and all tracks are selected. Both are set to 100%. Depening on the audio output mode I select in the "Video Capture Device" source, I'll either see audio coming in the Video Capture Device, or the Desktop Audio in the mixer (see both screenshots above). But only the Desktop Audio actually gets recorded. In the second screenshot in my post above, I won't get any sound while recording. Yet I see the green bar indicating it should be getting sound. I don't quite understand why that's the case. Not that it would solve my problem if it worked, but I'm still puzzled by it.

So to clarify, I'd like to record only the audio from the Video Capture Device, but also output that audio to the Desktop Audio so I can hear it at the same time. But doesn't seem possible. If I want to hear the audio from my speakers, it seems I need to record all the desktop audio?