Question / Help Help reg "Windows Test Build: 0.9.1"

Wolfbane

Been testing it for a few times.

Today when I opened 0.9.1 - I saw that all my Scenes, Sources "Global Sources" was gone.
(Even if they are no longer called global sources, but I think most people know what Im refering to)

Somehow it seems like all of my settings are gone.

The other day, I was closing the window to hard, so my computer got some vibrations, so the computer "shut down" normally. That is my only guess on why they could have disspeared out of the blue like that.

Anyone know how I can find them again or something ?

And I have also noticed 0.10.1 is out, so gonna test to install that. But still... my question remains, the sources and allt ht can I get them back somehow ?

From what I can tell OBS MP stores all it's settings in your appdata directory. In Windows go to Start, Run and type the following:

%appdata%\obs-studio\basic

You should see a few files in here, one called scenes.json

Note whatever you do don't try to edit this file it'll only end in tears :-)

If this file doesn't exist or is empty it explains why your settings are missing.

To recover them could be possible. Depending on what happened when your Windows crashed you could have created a corrupted profile for your user. When you logged on again did you get the same background/favourites stuff like that? If not you might be able to find your old files. In explorer browse to c:\users in here you should see a directory for every log on allowed on your PC. If you have a .001 after a name then you know that a profile had some kind of problems and Windows created a new one. Go into the original one (without the .001) and browse to Appdata\Roaming\obs-studio\basic and copy these files to the directory you opened earlier. You may need to enable the explorer option to make system files visible.

If you haven't got multiple profiles you could well be out of luck. Windows usually stores Previous Versions of folders which you can go into and recover files but of course the folders in the %appdata% are considered temporary and are not covered by Previous Versions.

Hopefully this will help you find your old scenes and get back working any questions let me know.

Adrian