Question / Help Help recording

Charles Main

Hi there I have a question I have been messing around with my OBS forever and cannot find what is the cause of me dropping frames. I will post a log I have tried recording x264 , h264 and h265 and getting the same thing I could record at 360P and same thing my CPU usage could be at 20% and ram and gpu at around 60% and same thing it is driving me nuts I have tried Fraps and Relive and it sort of does the same thing just not as bad.....Any ideas would be great. I have a Dell 5675, Ryzen 7 1700X, RX 580 8GB model and 8 GB 2400 MHZ ram also OS is on a SSD and I have 2 1tb hdds I record too. https://hastebin.com/ohapelezaq

Charles Main

Oh and that log was in game mode I wanted to try that too see if it would help any and well it does the exact same thing...Just in case you were wondering why it says 4/8 cores instead of 8/16

According to Fortnite's FAQ, they recommend 8gb ram to run the game, with a minimum of 4gb. I would max out the memory if it's possible with that model of a Dell. 64bit versions of Windows 10 use 2gb of memory.
Physical Memory: 8085MB Total, 5763MB Free
When you started OBS was your game already open?

Charles Main

According to Fortnite's FAQ, they recommend 8gb ram to run the game, with a minimum of 4gb. I would max out the memory if it's possible with that model of a Dell. 64bit versions of Windows 10 use 2gb of memory.
New
here is a log without game mode enabled..I honestly do not remember what one was opened first in that log but in this one I opened OBS first then the game https://hastebin.com/ovetodaqar

Charles Main

Also I was keeping an eye on my ram in task manager and it was not going anywhere about 70% I do not know if that is good or bad but even playing the game at it's lowest setting I am getting the same frame drops.

Last edited:

Charles Main

Also I was keeping an eye on my ram in task manager and it was not going anywhere about 70% I do not know if that is good or bad but even playing the game at it's lowest setting I am getting the same frame drops.
I also tried games like unreal tournement 3 and team fortress and i get this same random frame drop in the video...playing is fine i could be looking at the ground and it lag yet see 50 people in one spot in fortnite and it would be fine. I was having an issue with my elgato regarding the sound do you think it could be something wrong with my motherboard or something hardware related? I am at a loss.