Question / Help help, mac recording is horrible

Hey there. I am a moderator on a Minecraft server, and I have to start recording the game in just a few seconds, without leaving the game. I find OBS perfect for this, as I can just set up hotkeys to do this. However, for some reason, the recording is absolutely horrible. The quality is very bad, it can't record above 20-25fps, in the recording, there are lots of skipped frames, it is very laggy. I've tried using all the three different video encoders, I've tried changing bitrates and resolutions, but nothing seems to help. Also, when starting the recording, the game fps drop a lot. The weirdest thing is, that when recording with Quicktime, everything is perfect. The resolution is the actual resolution, there is no fps limit, and it does not lag the game. The only problem about Quicktime, is that I can't just start and stop recording at a click of a button. So, can you help me make OBS the same as Quicktime settings? Or even better, just non-lagging, good quality, and at least at the recommended 48fps. Thanks in advance!

Narcogen

OBS uses GPU resources for tasks that QuickTime player does not do. It's not generally speaking possible to make OBS operate like QuickTime player does. The closes is the Simple output mode with the setting "indistinguishable quality, large file size". There will still likely be some impact on performance, but it will be as minimized as possible.

For more advice I'd have to see a log with an output session (complete recording session, started and stopped).

Include a log file if you have a problem: here's how