Question / Help Help Getting Started

toddincharlotte

Hey All,

New to OBS. I am a musician and hope to use the platform for Facebook Live to broadcast potions of my gigs.

Previous experience doing this includes:
  • Home Studio Demos - Video Capture with a Nikon D3300, audio multi-track on an XR18 -> Adobe Audition, splice together in Video Editing software. Upload to YouTube
  • Facebook Live via stereo audio output from XR18 -> 3.5mm in on phone. Phone video
I'd like to take the second scenario listed above and go for better video/audio capture. I'm probably going to go with a Logitech C920 HD to start and then take the audio out from the XR18.

My question is will OBS support video from the C920 and ASIO output from the XR18? I'd prefer to usb from the digital mixer as signal degradation will occur pulling a stereo out to 3.5mm to the onboard sound card.

toddincharlotte

So the only option from a digital mixer is to bus analog outs l/r to the 3.5mm in onboard soundcard? Man...what's the point?

Last edited:

Harold

If the mixer's interface has the more-standard WDM feed, you can capture that (I do with my x32-rack)

toddincharlotte

If the mixer's interface has the more-standard WDM feed, you can capture that (I do with my x32-rack)
I'm using the x-air app. You interface from the x-air app to OBS? That would be preferred for sure.Can you elaborate a little on how you interface the X32 to the OBS? I'm sure the XR18 would be similar.

Harold

Direct usb connection to the computer. The device comes up as a line in and speakers in windows' control panel sound section, with proper routing, I feed the audio through that.

toddincharlotte

Direct usb connection to the computer. The device comes up as a line in and speakers in windows' control panel sound section, with proper routing, I feed the audio through that.
Spent like 2 hours on this tonight and can't figure it out. Have XR18 enabled for both in and out in windows mixer. Updated in OBS and still don't have a signal. Do i have to configure something on the mixer to send it via usb to windows?