Help! Game recordings are choppy and frame skipping

Exferion

My OBS game recordings are choppy no matter which game I try. I monitor task manager during the recording and none of my computer resources even hit 50% of capacity. I have the video recordings save to a secondary drive (E: NVME SSD). Please let me know what to try.

- Computer specs:
Primary Monitor: 24in 1920x1080 144hz
2nd Monitor: 24in 1920x1080p 60hz
Memory: 24 GB
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: 1070ti

Log .txt file is attached

Attachments

• 2020-09-29 16-35-31.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 5

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running (1909) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates (144 and 60), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update or set both monitors to the same refresh rate or disconnect a monitor.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Headset Earphone (HyperX Virtual Surround Sound): 48000 Hz
Headset Microphone (HyperX Virtual Surround Sound): 44100 Hz