Question / Help Help finding optimal settings for recording on my PC?

massivereels

I've been trying to record my gameplay for H1Z1 King of the Kill and have tried all sorts of different settings and tutorials but can't seem to get quality results and am wondering if my computer simply can't handle it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, my current setup is

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @3.40GHz 3.40GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

when i record everything appears perfect, but when i rewatch it afterwards it is extremely choppy and the audio comes after the video, are there any way to optimize my setting to allow me to record properly?

Hi,

sounds like you are using x264 software encoding, try using the AMD VCE for recording, post the settings you tried and the obs log, how to do this is a sticky.

massivereels

Hi,

sounds like you are using x264 software encoding, try using the AMD VCE for recording, post the settings you tried and the obs log, how to do this is a sticky.
Wow thanks so much for replying and so quickly, much appreciated. I did happen to read that the x264 setting was more cpu intensive and that may be the problem like you suggest, but sadly i have no other options to pick. My OBS only allows me to pick x264 as my encoder. I assume i should be able to pick the AMD VCE as you suggest since i do have an AMD card, i wonder why i can't select it, ill try to update my graphics card and see if the option appears (even though i'm nearly positive i have the latest update). Once again thanks for the quick reply brotha.