Help! Downloading problems

AZteacher

I had to reset my computer after having issues with my screen flashing black and now I have to reinstall OBS but I can't get it to install. It tells me I need to install additional files, so I click the link. It tries to install them but says they can't be found and then the older versions can't be removed. Ugh, I need a tech person to help. Any ideas? I use this software to make videos for my classes and I'm lost without it. :( Screen shots of the messages I'm getting are attached: OBS downloading issues

Lawrence_SoCal

Is this your personal laptop? or is this a school managed computer, and you don't have full local admin (Win10) privileges?
Unfortunately, this is a Visual C++ redistributable install issue, not OBS.
that last image in the .doc file shows the relevant install error log file, but the important error messages are hidden by the dialog box
Normal Win10 troubleshooting may apply
download the Visual C++ installer to an appropriate folder (Downloads?). Reboot. Don't start anything else. Turn off unnecessary background apps (ie Skype, Zoom, Teams, etc). Now try installing Visuall C++ (double click msi install file in download folder (previous step). IF you get the same error again about being unable to unload prior version
- if school district managed PC, ask tech support if restriction on this Windows component
- otherwise, go to Control Panel -> Apps and try manually uninstalling older Visual C++ component, reboot, repeat above

This isn't my area of expertise, but in a pinch, the above is what I'd start with

AZteacher

Is this your personal laptop? or is this a school managed computer, and you don't have full local admin (Win10) privileges?
Unfortunately, this is a Visual C++ redistributable install issue, not OBS.
that last image in the .doc file shows the relevant install error log file, but the important error messages are hidden by the dialog box
Normal Win10 troubleshooting may apply
download the Visual C++ installer to an appropriate folder (Downloads?). Reboot. Don't start anything else. Turn off unnecessary background apps (ie Skype, Zoom, Teams, etc). Now try installing Visuall C++ (double click msi install file in download folder (previous step). IF you get the same error again about being unable to unload prior version
- if school district managed PC, ask tech support if restriction on this Windows component
- otherwise, go to Control Panel -> Apps and try manually uninstalling older Visual C++ component, reboot, repeat above

This isn't my area of expertise, but in a pinch, the above is what I'd start with
Thank you so much! It is my personal laptop, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks again!