Help! Audio sync offset problem between OBS and Zoom.

jeremyb777

Hi,

I am working with a very simple set up. I have a laptop with built in camera and microphone. I use OBS with virtual cam to control what I send to Zoom. No problems on the video. I also use a virtual audio cable to connect OBS to zoom through the monitor output. Within OBS, I have solved all sync problems using the Audio sync offset options in the Advanced Audio Settings. However, it appears that these audio sync offsets do not apply to the monitor. Therefore, the audio sent to Zoom is still quite out of sync. I had this working about perfectly before my hard drive crashed, but now I just can't get it right.

If I record within Zoom, the audio is perfectly synced. If I stream to Facebook, it is perfectly synced. However, the problem seems to be sending the audio from OBS to Zoom through the monitor (virtual cable). I have seen some comments from people that seem to have fixed this by using Voicemeeter. However, I am quite uncertain as to how to do this. All of this stuff is a bit over my head, so I might need fairly detailed instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

One last thing, I am not concerned about having what happens in Zoom brought into OBS... I would prefer that what happens in the Zoom window NOT be shared in the Facebook stream. In other words, I am only concerned about getting my audio correctly sent from OBS to Zoom without having the audio sync problems. I mostly just use a Microphone and various videos through VLC and I have the VLC audio sync offset set to around 200 which sounds perfect... just not on Zoom. Thank you!

jeremyb777

I believe I may have found a solution. On OBS, the microphone was normally delayed by about 200 miliseconds and this required a 200 milisecond offset on the VLC audio in OBS. Here's what I did. I installed voicemeeter. In OBS, I set the monitor output to "voicemeeter input" and I set my microphone to "monitor off." This way, it will still go to the normal output with the correct sync offset but with be excluded from what it sent to voicemeeter. So I have my VLC music being sent out from OBS on the monitor output to Voicemeeter virtual input. In voicemeeter, I added my microphone as a hardware input. I set the voicemeeter output to the Virtual Cable input and made this the "microphone" on Zoom.

When I did a test recording in Zoom the timing was perfect... which was strange. Here's why. Although I have a slight delay on the VLC music in OBS, this delay is not factored in on the monitor output. So, in voicemeeter it is not factored in and is being mixed with the microphone with not offset whatsoever. When this gets to Zoom, the sound is perfectly in sync. Sooo.... I believe that Voicemeeter seems to be able to mix the audio with zero sync problems... but OBS does have a slight sync problem. My current set up fixes the sync problem in OBS for my facebook stream and voicemeeter remixes the audio without any problems for zoom. It is a strange fix, but it seems to work.

jeremyb777

I believe I may have found a solution. On OBS, the microphone was normally delayed by about 200 miliseconds and this required a 200 milisecond offset on the VLC audio in OBS. Here's what I did. I installed voicemeeter. In OBS, I set the monitor output to "voicemeeter input" and I set my microphone to "monitor off." This way, it will still go to the normal output with the correct sync offset but with be excluded from what it sent to voicemeeter. So I have my VLC music being sent out from OBS on the monitor output to Voicemeeter virtual input. In voicemeeter, I added my microphone as a hardware input. I set the voicemeeter output to the Virtual Cable input and made this the "microphone" on Zoom.

When I did a test recording in Zoom the timing was perfect... which was strange. Here's why. Although I have a slight delay on the VLC music in OBS, this delay is not factored in on the monitor output. So, in voicemeeter it is not factored in and is being mixed with the microphone with not offset whatsoever. When this gets to Zoom, the sound is perfectly in sync. Sooo.... I believe that Voicemeeter seems to be able to mix the audio with zero sync problems... but OBS does have a slight sync problem. My current set up fixes the sync problem in OBS for my facebook stream and voicemeeter remixes the audio without any problems for zoom. It is a strange fix, but it seems to work.
Oh yes, and I had to set voicemeeter to stay open in the windows tray so that it wouldn't be in the way. It doesn't seem to work at all if it is closed.