Question / Help Help! Audio stops being broadcast on OBS after alt tab!

Overboard

So I have had this problem for around a month and I have tried everything but I can not figure it out. So I can start up OBS or OBS Streamlabs and start up a game and sometime's when I start up the game I lose all audio broadcast to OBS even though it shows on the meters it's registering it but you can't hear anything on my page i'm streaming to. So then I have to restart pc to get it back and sometime's that doesn't even work. Also it could work fine but as soon as I have to Alt Tab out to fix chat or something I lose all audio again and forced to stop and restart. Please someone know the fix.

I can't get the log to view, can you please repost. Did you check your advanced audio settings and make sure that the audio tracks are CHECKED for the at least #1 for the sources you want audio to be broadcast? If the meters are moving, then OBS is getting the sound, if it doesn't make it to stream/record, then check Advanced Audio Properties and make sure that #1 are checked for the sources you wish to have sound passed on. As for monitoring the sound, if you are, ensure you have it set to either NO MONITOR or Monitor AND Output, if you have it on Monitor Only, MUTE Output, then you will see the bars, but no audio will go out.

Sorry no one got back to you sooner, there are only so many of us to go around and so many more messages that come in. And once I'm locked into 15 threads or so, it takes a day for me to get to another 15 between all the back and forth and log reading and posting etc.

I don't know if this is maybe a known issue with the Opus Encoder or if this is a windows issue, or if this is a Voicemeeter issue. Does the problem still exist if let's say you are NOT running Voicemeeter and go with something simple just to test? Test it out, and see if the problem persists when you are not using Voicemeeter, I'm curious.

Overboard

I haven't used voicemeeter in a long time to be honest, today the problem didn't happen at all so it's very strange. I can stream several times in a row no issues but then one time i'll alt tab and come back and sound for the game is gone and mic is gone no idea.

tonkhao

I have the same issue, this is really annoying, it happens when u alt tabs from game or any window (like chrome). Can someone help with this one?