Question / Help Headset mic is not listed as Input source

AT ONE SIR

Love OBS for osx, good job devs. The whole apple audio thing is puzzling to me but I solved it by getting a plugged headset/mic and ditching the USB headset I was using. For streaming I used the usual solutions wavtap and soundflower but OBS still does not list my headset mic (EXTERNAL MIC) as an input source (sound panel does) -- only the built-in mic.

I am using my new iMac (10.9.4) external mic/headset jack with my new headset and installing either wavtap or soundflower only provides me with an input option for my built-in iMac mic, which sounds like garbage. I also have the added issue where in normal use after streaming (or even when I want to teamspeak during a stream), I cant even use the headset for skype, etc, without completely UNINSTALLING wavtap or soundflower. This is getting to be a bit much, so I was wondering if anyone had any workarounds for me to try.

I really cant wait until OBS can just tap into the desktop audio, and certainly appreciate what is there now.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The problem you seem to have sounds odd, are you sure you have to actually uninstall wavtap/soundflower to get things working again? Perhaps it's not a potential misconfiguration? I'm pretty sure that as long as you set your device in the 'outputs' section of the OSX sound control panel it should work as it had been working before.

I wish we could tap in to desktop audio without soundflower/wavtap, but we don't really have any other choice at this point in time, because it's simply the way apple designed the operating system. They did not provide any other means of capturing the sound except via kernel extensions (which is what soundflower/wavtap are). It's really a difficult situation and I'm not happy with apple about it, they make poor excuses for not having the API and it's quite frustrating.