Question / Help HDPVR Rocket + Restream/ (any streaming) Problem

I was dropping frames constantly so a buddy of mine said it might be my internet connection.. so i did some stuff, my connection is faster, but now OBS keeps giving me an error it cant connect for some reason.. I've tried restream and doing different services individually just in case it was restream itself.. nope, no go... not sure what happened..

https://obsproject.com/logs/xNZt3czmSa8WqRKN

Narcogen

The log you've attached is just output from an auto configuration wizard run. Would need a log from a session where you're actually trying to stream from the settings you've chosen to see where/why the drops are occurring.

https://obsproject.com/logs/CePPj6bwZItLK_1H

here i did that one just now and also recorded at the same time because i talked to my isp, restream and tech support at HDPVRCapture

My isp said all the packets they sent were perfect.. so on and so forth. HDPVERCapture Tech Support said:

HDPVRCapture doesn't stream anything outside of your home, period. It doesn't slow your internet down, something else is going on with your Mac.
OBS definitely slows down your internet because (I assume) you're using it to stream Rocket content out to the internet at a predetermined video bitrate.
OBS typically drops frames if you're Mac can't keep with with all of the capture, decoding and re-encoding. Check the CPU load on your mac. If you're maxing out then OBS won't be able to keep up (and drop frames).
Assuming you're using HDPVRCapture to stream to OBS locally via the UDP network, make sure you disable "Store video recording in your local destination folder" in the HDPVRCapture network tab. This will save a few percent of CPU load.
After this, you should probably adjust your OBS video encoder settings to match your upstream bandwidth. I suspect you've got OBS configured to high (settings) and it needs too much CPU that you don't have. Dial back the video compression settings in OBS a little.

Because I told them I noticed while i was running HDPVR, it slowed everythign i was doign on the net to a crawl (and thats without running OBS with it..)

Restream asked me to follow directions on this page which I am doign now.. I did the Stream/Record to see if it was a hardware issue, and the Recording is perfect and the sound pics up great... its just not streaming...

I am going down the list with the other stuff

Narcogen

Your log says your computer is unable to connect to Restream because it cannot look up the address:

18:01:20.294: Could not resolve us-central.restream.io: Unknown error (0)

This works for me:

MacPro32:~ dmjossel$ ping us-central.restream.io
PING us-central4.restream.io (173.192.103.8): 56 data bytes

Perhaps test if your machine can resolve that address to see where the problem is happening.