HDMI out to USB-C in... to record to laptop?

NAP1270

Have discovered that my laptop HDMI port is out only (I thought HDMI was two-way. Oops.).
I play my TV/DVD/Blu-ray audio through my stereo receiver, and I'm trying to record audio and capture TV/DVD/Blu-ray screenshots with my cheap laptop. I have Audacity for audio editing and OBS for video, but before I purchase yet another piece of equipment (have 25' HDMI cable, HDMI 1-to-4 splitter, RCA-to-1/8" cable, numerous RCA cables...), I want to know if it's possible with my limited setup. This laptop has two used USB-A ports and one open USB-C port. One HDMI out, and one 1/8" audio out. I've only the internal microphone.
Do I need additional equipment? Will an HDMI-to-USB-C cable work?
Thank you for any answer you can give me, I've been unable to find any consistent answers for days.

NAP1270

Try looking up "Video & Audio Capture card" or "Game Capture", which will connect your player's HDMI through the card to your USB-C port (they're labelled Input and Output on the rig). You can also use an add-on to switch the connector from USB-C to USB-A. From there, you use OBS to capture whatever you're trying to get. Good luck!

JMCPLUS

There is also HDMI to USB dongle for <=10$ ~ 10 € available on internet. Be care this basic dongles digitalise in 640x480 @ 30 FPS