Hauppauge Support for MAC OS OBS - implement support for recognition on all Hauppauge USB connected devices as capture devices.

VincentVBR

Hi All,
Where can you raise a support ticket for the OBS Team to release a version that can identify the Hauppauge HD PVR, PVR 2 on a MAC OS system, Hauppauge are being complete nobheads, saying that OBS or Apple need to release drivers and support for MAC to be used on their products.

The technical team said look at our Hauppauge YouTube Page with some random out of sync 2d character explaining the product can do this and that?, they have even disabled comments on YouTube for questioning on the 'How To guide, so they literally haven't got a clue how to deal with technical issues on their products, the response you get from them is 'Re-install the product oh just contact OBS or Apple?

I have tried that HDPVRCAPTURE and it's completely shite you don't even get a window to show your input video capture,

How can i send over the directory with all the Drivers that are used for Hauppauge devices from the Disc that I had originally got with my device, for the OBS Team to implement support for recognition on all Hauppauge USB connected devices as capture devices.

I am running OBS Studio 27 on bootcamp using the Hauppauge Window Drivers to capture Video, however so many problems with Bootcamp and Hauppauge i.e Drop Frames, Audio out of sync etc..

Cheers

V

VincentVBR

I have found that HDPVRCapture software actually uses the hcwE5cpu_mips.bin & HcwE5NC_t22_24.bin (x32 bit drivers) to operate the HD PVR 2 device on MAC with that shite software, however it's 32bit drivers, So looking at the Hauppauge CD that came with the device the folder Driver E5 has both 32bit and 64bit, there are file extensions: ending with.ax, .cat. inf, does anyone know which of these we could use on a MAC for OBS to recognise the device to capture? or where on the MAC can you place thses drivers for OBS to recognise the HD PVR.

Cheers Guys