GUI button/keybind to put a generic timestamped note in the log file

Boildown

Often times when I'm streaming or recording a game, something particularly epic happens. But then later on I can't remember when in the hours-long stream or video file it occurred. I suppose I could get pen and paper and record the time, but the gameplay is continuous and I don't have time to take my fingers off the keyboard.

My request is for there to be a button that I can hit (and keybind I suppose) to have OBS put a "Something Notable Happened" note in the log file, timestamped like all log file entries. So then I can go back afterwards and locate those log file entries, look at the timestamp, look at the video at that time, and remind myself why I hit the button. Then make a Twitch highlight, or perhaps save that bit of video for later uploading to YouTube, remind myself to never do that again, or whatever.

Thanks!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
If you do not use the replay buffer (comes in the next version of obs) you could use it to save a short 1 second video file that will have the timestamp. (Just a stupid idea I had while reading your topic and until someone has time to add something better)

I use a stopwatch with lap/overall time functionality on my mobile :)

Does the trick and lets me know when i've done my scheduled 3 hours so I can tell time to F. off and let me have more fun.