Got an audio loop that I don't think is typical?

StevieTheAussie

Hey everyone, hope you're all well.

So, when trying to stream, I'm attempting to broadcast microphone audio as well as a game. However, when in a Discord call with other friends, I can't figure out a way to mute my microphone audio for myself and still make it audible in the stream. I'm able to hear my own voice, which I assume is myself hearing my audio in the call coming through in the stream? So I'm guessing the idea is to mute the Discord audio for myself but still have it broadcasted in stream? Either way, I'm able to hear myself in the stream preview and it's muddling up my speaking as I'm trying to speak and hear myself back at the same time so is anyone able to help?

FerretBomb

Normally you'd just mute yourself in Discord itself. That doesn't mute the mic system-wide, just on Discord.

If you can still hear yourself, speak and watch the Discord 'speaking' activity indicators... one of your friends might be watching your stream and have speakers on, which their mic is picking up and sending back.

StevieTheAussie

Normally you'd just mute yourself in Discord itself. That doesn't mute the mic system-wide, just on Discord.

If you can still hear yourself, speak and watch the Discord 'speaking' activity indicators... one of your friends might be watching your stream and have speakers on, which their mic is picking up and sending back.
But if I mute my Discord, won't that keep people in my Discord call from being able to hear me? What if they're not all in the chat listening to the stream?

FerretBomb

I may have misunderstood. You're hearing your own microphone back through your own speakers? That's a different issue, and shouldn't be happening to begin with... does this happen when you are not using OBS, and are just using Discord voice chat? The fix is going to be to figure out where that is actually coming from, and address the problem at the root.

StevieTheAussie

I may have misunderstood. You're hearing your own microphone back through your own speakers? That's a different issue, and shouldn't be happening to begin with... does this happen when you are not using OBS, and are just using Discord voice chat? The fix is going to be to figure out where that is actually coming from, and address the problem at the root.
Nope doesn't happen when using Discord
It doesn't happen when using regular Discord voice chat, but does happen just in general, even when I'm not on Discord. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/757867338