Google Calendar Events

OBS Python Google Calendar Events 0.3.1

danburke2

danburke2 submitted a new resource:

Google Calendar Event text - Based off of the url-text script, uses the Google Calendar API to send event titles to text sources

As noted in the (only) other python script description, at the moment the OBS site does not allow you to upload with the extension .py so I did what the other other did as well and added a .txt extension to the end of the file, this will have to be removed to run the script.

This script is based off of the url-text example script in OBS. The script gets events currently happening from a specified Google calendar and updates at the user-specified interval. It allows you to specify a maximum...

Read more about this resource...

hikewho

This is excellent. I'm wondering if we could take it a step further and add start/stop streaming/recording based on the Google Calendar events.

danburke2

This is excellent. I'm wondering if we could take it a step further and add start/stop streaming/recording based on the Google Calendar events.
That's a good idea! I'll take a look into this soon and make an update if it is possible.

Hammiah90

danburke2 submitted a new resource:

Google Calendar Event text - Based off of the url-text script, uses the Google Calendar API to send event titles to text sources

Read more about this resource...
Hello danburke2,
I have followed all your instructions. I was able to use the script for streaming once yesterday, but today it is not working anymore. In the log file I can see many lines of "Stream", but looking at obs the stream isn't starting.
If then I click on "Start Streaming" by myself, it will suddenly stop after few seconds.
Can you address me somehow? I have downloaded Python 3.6.8, because I've read somewhere in the forum that is the only realese that works fine with the script (' https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-use-url-text-py.118941/')
Thank you in advance.