Global Audio Devices - Default?

EdK

Hello,
I've searched Wiki-Guides and this forum to see if I could find an answer to my question without success. Hope someone here can help me out.
In OBS Settings>Audio>Global Audio Devices, what exactly is "Default" in both Desktop Audio and Desktop Audio 2? What is the Default?
Is there a parameter somewhere in OBS that I can specify what Default is supposed to be?
Thanks! Ed

Lawrence_SoCal

Determined by your Windows OS Sound Settings
Personally (not a gamer), I disable ALL of the default/Global OBS Audio devices, and add the specific audio source per scene as required

EdK

Thanks. I understand what you're doing but what is the Default device? I can't find anything that indicates what the default device is.

Lawrence_SoCal

Thanks. I understand what you're doing but what is the Default device? I can't find anything that indicates what the default device is.
I just told you - go to Windows Sound applet/control panel (usually, could be 3rd party sound app like Realtek as well, if installed), and check your Playback and Recording devices there
I'm sure there are other ways as well, (Win10 OS Sound Mixer)..

EdK

OK. Thanks. I see what you're saying. i was expecting the default to be user defined somewhere (i.e. what the user wanted the default to be) in OBS rather than being implied it was the Windows default.

Lawrence_SoCal

OBS Default Audio device = OS Default
there is an OBS pull-down list to pick other OS recognized devices, rather than the user/OS selected default device