Ghost or shadow image

Mafair

20200611_164515.jpg

Monitor on left is the source; monitor on the right is what would be streamed. I don't have any filters on either source, but there's a dark shadow image on the right that isn't on the original. You'll notice that the last "1" on the top of the screen is shadowed on the far left of the second monitor. Shadow appears no matter what is on the display on the left (desktop, notepad, or MediaShout as shown). If I add a second source from a different computer, there is no problem. Only happens with this one. I'd be happy to include a log if you'd like ... just tell me which one you need the log for.

carlmmii

What is your actual setup here? You say your left monitor is your source... what are you doing to get this over to the monitor on the right? I can only assume these are 2 separate computers, considering windows 7/10.

We need more information. What's going on here? Include log files for both as well, please.

jathosguy

I'm having the same issue. Here is my setup. I have OBS and the NDI plugin installed on a laptop. I then have OBS and the same plugin on a PC. My son plays on the laptop, and I play and stream from the PC. I have both our screens up on the stream. There is a major shadow / ghost on his screen when viewed through the PC OBS/stream. I've placed a screenshot of the shadow. This screenshot was taken from my PC. There is obviously no shadow on his screen.

Attachments

• shadow (2).png
    shadow (2).png
    104.5 KB · Views: 59

carlmmii

That looks like misaligned chroma. Can you post a log file from each computer?

I'm going to guess that this is being caused by a resolution that NDI has trouble with. By any chance does the laptop have a 1366x768 resolution screen?

carlmmii

As a general rule, you want to keep your horizontal and vertical resolutions as multiples of 8, due to how the encoding process works. Each frame gets split up into 8x8 blocks (known as macroblocks), so if the frame can't be nicely split, it results in leftovers. Apparently somewhere in the NDI encoding process, it's putting the remainder in the wrong place.

The first thing I would try is updating your NDI tools, as it seems you're slightly out of date from the most recent version.

If a quick update doesn't fix it, then change your output resolution on the laptop to something more encoder-friendly, like 1080x608 if you want to remain close to what you have already, or 1280x720 for a more standard resolution.

jathosguy

Thanks again, Carlmmii. With your ideas I was able to resolve. I changed the base and output resolutions under settings --> video to 1280x720 and that fixed the issue!