Getting Stereo Sound from HDMI Video Capture Card

Galactus67

Hello All,
In short, I'd like to get OBS to "see" stereo sound coming out of a video capture card.
My equipment:
Source:
Roku Ultra (4670x) Software v 10.0.0
Capture Device:
IPXOZO Capture Card,4K Audio Video Capture Card USB 3.0 1080P 60fps HDMI Audio Video Capture Device
Destination:
MacBook running MacOS Mojave

The source and capture device are connected with an HDMI cable. The capture device and the Mac are connected by a USB3 cable.

I've tried various instructions online using SoundFlower and IShowU. None seem to work.
In the Mac Sound configuration, Input us set to USB Digital Audio. I can see the input level move along with the picture, so I know I am getting audio out of the capture device.
For Output on Mac Sound, I've tried SoundFlower(2ch), IShowU Audio Capture and created Multi Output devices in Audio Midi setup as per some instructions.
The only time I get audio is if I set Mic/Aux in OBS to USB Digital Audio, but the sound comes in in mono.

Does anyone have a similar set up as mine and can provide some help?

Thanks in advance.

Galactus67

Hi all,
After further testing, and despite the vendors claim that the sound output is in stereo, the output has been proven to be in mono. What I did was open Audacity and set the input to USB Digital Audio. I found a test video that puts sound on the left channel, then the right channel. In Audacity, there is only one channel.
Hope that helps for anyone else who buys these devices.
Take care.

Pandemonium1957

I have tried to get it recognise the stereo sound from my Capture card but with no luck, I have had a look in Advanced Audio settings, but still mono on both channels ( eg no stereo seperation )

carlmart

I have a similar problem.
The audio passes through alright in multichannel to the receiver as I am capturing. But the USB interface has mono audio, no matter how I set OBS.
Is there any capture device which is guaranteed will capture at least stereo or multichannel audio?

DaveWeinkauf

I bought the UCEC Pro video converter/capture card because it claimed to feed stereo audio to OSB via the computer's USB port. It does, in fact, send stereo audio to OSB showing up as separate left and right channels in OSB's audio mixing window and playing back as true stereo audio through the speakers. But because the video coming off the device is low res I am looking for a better card that does stereo audio.