Getting LOUD Audio Stuttering and Low FPS with low CPU Usage

trucktime

Greetings! I generally can figure out what's going with OBS myself when something is up, but I'm absolutely stumped this time.

I'm getting a very loud audio stutter (think of when you bluescreen) paired with my FPS dropping below 30 semi-regularly. However, my CPU never goes above 80%, my RAM has at least 6 GB to spare, and my GPU is running at about 40%. Last Friday, I updated my OBS, played about 3 hours before getting into a certain area in-game that likes to run poorly, and then it started happening. It's clearly somehow tied to performance, as when I am indoors in the game, it doesn't happen, but it happens outside. Additionally, OBS doesn't even need to be recording for this loud audio cue and poor performance to happen--when OBS is closed, it's fine, but the second OBS opens it happens. The loud audio is also not present in the footage streamed, only I can hear it.

The FPS dropping as is if my CPU is maxing out, but that's just not the case, and before I got my new GPU when my CPU did sometimes max out, I never got the loud audio stutter.

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled my graphics drivers, OBS studio, tried reverting to my previous version of OBS studio, turned off game mode, and I just can't figure out what the issue is.

I attached the log, as I do not know how to read it in a cohesive, that has the issue in it. If anyone could offer any advice, that would be super! Previous to the past few days, I have never had an issue with this.

Attachments

• 2020-08-10 00-14-41 - audio buffering.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 2