Question / Help getting headphone sound in stream

Shazzbaa

Hello! I tried searching for this, but I'm a little tech-dumb so I'm not really sure what to look for!

I want to stream my desktop while I draw and talk, while listening to music, and I'd like the stream to hear my music. I'm using a Mac laptop and using those little white headphones-with-a-mic that tend to come with Apple products.

I've got "built in microphone" as one of the audio sources, so the microphone is picking up my speaking just fine, but there are no other sources to choose from for a second audio input source. I don't know how to get it so that the stream picks up the music I'm hearing as well.

Is there an easy way to do this? I see some guides about setting up audio systems with extra programs but I'm not sure if that's what I need. What is the simplest way to do this?

Sorry for the very basic question, but thank you to anyone who's able to help out or point me in the right direction! I appreciate it!

amsyar ZeRo

Try using Soundflower:https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases

The steps:
1.Install it.(Requires reboot)

2.Go to Audio MIDI Setup

3.Click the + button at the bottom of the window and choose 'Create Multi-Output device'.

4.Check the boxes for the Built-in Output and Soundflower 2ch.Then check the 'Drift Correction' box for Built-In Output.

5.Adjust your volume first..(because you cannot adjust after switching)

6.Go to System Preferences->Sound then go to Output section.Choose the Multi-Output(or aggregate) device.

7.Go to OBS,click Settings then go to Audio.Pick Soundflower 2ch as your Desktop Audio.

I'm sorry it's a little bit hard,but that's all I know.