Gameplay smooth, but recording fps bad?

LiquidRage

I'm using a GTX1660 and a Ryzen 5 3600. No matter how low i set the settings, it still says encoder overload. I'm new to this, and want to record in 1080p 60Hz.

Am i asking for too much on my pc? Any recommended settings for this build? I've done my fair share of homework and yet nothing works. Please.. help me.

Fitey

post a log file or screenshots of your settings

your PC should be more than capable of recording gameplay

LiquidRage

post a log file or screenshots of your settings

your PC should be more than capable of recording gameplay
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (17).png
Screenshot (18).png

LiquidRage

I'm using a GTX1660 and a Ryzen 5 3600. No matter how low i set the settings, it still says encoder overload. I'm new to this, and want to record in 1080p 60Hz.

Am i asking for too much on my pc? Any recommended settings for this build? I've done my fair share of homework and yet nothing works. Please.. help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    57.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    26.8 KB · Views: 2

Filgaja

looks good to me from what i can tell. Please do not go on High in process priority.
I heared it could bring problems then more higher you go. just go on one step higher then normal :)

One Question? You lately updated your video driver? because i have issues with recording, streaming, and previewing to since then.

I tried Horizon zero Dawn and updated all my Video Driver and my Windows Versionfor this game... but since then i have big problems.

You could try to make a windowcapture instead of gamecapture just for testing if the problem is simular to mine.

Fitey

try using CRF instead of CBR and leave it at 18

if the video is pixelated then lower the CRF by each time until the pixelation stops

(higher CRF = lower quality and file size, lower CRF = higher quality and file size)

LiquidRage

try using CRF instead of CBR and leave it at 18

if the video is pixelated then lower the CRF by each time until the pixelation stops

(higher CRF = lower quality and file size, lower CRF = higher quality and file size)
I don't have CFR as an option. (CBR, CQP, VBR, Lossless in that order)

LiquidRage

looks good to me from what i can tell. Please do not go on High in process priority.
I heared it could bring problems then more higher you go. just go on one step higher then normal :)

One Question? You lately updated your video driver? because i have issues with recording, streaming, and previewing to since then.

I tried Horizon zero Dawn and updated all my Video Driver and my Windows Versionfor this game... but since then i have big problems.

You could try to make a windowcapture instead of gamecapture just for testing if the problem is simular to mine.
I just looked and i do have the latest drivers. my OBS and its recordings are also in the same path (Hardrive :D). but if everything looks good, then why does it still drop in fps when i record?