Gameplay running smooth but Recording is laggy

Hebz0320

Hey guys,
I have been having trouble setting up OBS before it was recording perfectly fine at 60 FPS and after messing around with OBS I cant figure out whats wrong. I by no means have a computer that cant handle both of the tasks. I have a log attached so hopefully this 40 sec recording can shine some light on maybe why its laggy in the playback recording. Now this happens AFTER the recording no frame dropping during the game at all the second monitor that I have running so i can see the recording of OBS is not lagging while recording. When I want to play it back after im done recording its laggy and looks like frames dropped

Hebz0320

Just tried running OBS as Admin and watched the video playback... It was laggy in 60 FPS and as soon i switched it to 30 my video started playing smooth... is there a way to fix this to be at 60FPS???

Deullcore

yeah i get exact same it to me it feels like its dropping from 60 fps to 30 fps the nback to 60 after a like 10 seconds and its random

Cpu ryzen 5 2600x
Graphics rtx 2060 super
Ram 16 gig hyperxfury

Hebz0320

yeah i get exact same it to me it feels like its dropping from 60 fps to 30 fps the nback to 60 after a like 10 seconds and its random

Cpu ryzen 5 2600x
Graphics rtx 2060 super
Ram 16 gig hyperxfury

Have you tried running as Admin? it helps some people ive been looking around and for some it has worked

qhobbes

The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and video playback) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.

Deullcore

Have you tried running as Admin? it helps some people ive been looking around and for some it has worked
Yeah ive run as admin ive tried various versions of windows 10 & various drivers even tried a complete other system ( intel )
and the result is same random drop to 30 fps from 60 fps.
Also when i use mirillis action there is no problem its perfect but id prefer to use obs

i7 3770k
gtx 1060
32 gigs hyperxfury

Last edited:

Hebz0320

The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and video playback) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.

thanks for the help ill get it downloaded right now. Fingers cross!

Hebz0320

yo the videos are running SMOOOOOOOTTTHHHHHH thanks for the help well shit i didnt know that update was gonna solve that issue at all since ive seen that update for about like weeks ._. lol