Gamepad input plugin

Paul van Dinther

Although it is possible to map gamepad inputs to keys with antimicro to switch scenes, this is a less then ideal solution and doesn't always work. Also hotkey entries will show up in other textboxes. Super annoying when you are streaming and txt chatting.

A gamepad plugin or implementation would allow numerous buttons to be mapped in the same way as hot keys are now. (An implementation which I think is very well thought out).

With gamepad support users can use wired and wireless gamepad devices of all kinds and easily build their own. Over time I have build many input devices using electronics from Bodnar and anyone who can hold a soldering iron could build his own scene switch board etc.

I am using this simple bluetooth gamepad controller the size of a keyring. A B X Y to switch between 4 video sources while the thumb pad right activates PIP, Left deactivates PIP (Just a fancy scene in scene setup). finally Up and Down unmute and mute the microphone. the small Select button toggles the advanced automatic scene switcher.

It is great that I can do this limited set of functions on touch alone without getting distracted.
View attachment 38604