game screentear when using game capture

Furr

Anyone know why my game would screentear when i'm recording with game capture? It doesn't happen with display capture. Also, the recordings from game captures are very nice, its just when i'm recording, the game has so much screentearing.

qhobbes

qhobbes

Make sure your game is capped at 60 FPS. Do not render frames you cannot see.

Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Furr

Make sure your game is capped at 60 FPS. Do not render frames you cannot see.

Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.
If I cap the game at 60 fps there will be mouse delay also here is the log

Also, should I use game mode on windows 10 or not, because I heard people say game mode isn't good for obs.

Attachments

• 2020-09-15 17-37-53.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 1

qhobbes

Your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz meaning the image can only change a maximum of 60 times per second. You literally cannot see more than 60 frames per second on that monitor.

Furr

Your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz meaning the image can only change a maximum of 60 times per second. You literally cannot see more than 60 frames per second on that monitor.
yup I know that but it still screentears