Game is Stuttering while OBS Preview is shown on 2nd Screen

Gerrit87_TV

Hey Guys,

ive a little problem.

I´ve got a GTX 1080Ti an a Ryzen 9 3900X. I use X264 encoding on the "medium" or "slow" preset. But ive the same problem via NVENC too.

Here is the problem:

I run a game and the Computer shows me i´ve for example 150 FPS, but its stuttering anyway.
When i deactivate the preview of my stream in OBS the game runs smoothly and correct.

How can i fix it ?

I think i can fix it when i put the Montior which is shown the OBS in a second graphics Card like a GT 710.

Unfortunately the Ryzen R9 3900X has non internal graphics chip, i want to use a cheap card like the GT 710.

Will that fix my problem ?

Best regards

Gerrit

...sorry for my bad english.

BluePeer

sounds for me like you use a wrong display configuration with a old windows 10 version like one 144 and the second 60

Gerrit87_TV

Hi, my Windows is on the newest Version. Yes my primary Monitor ist 144hz and the second is 60hz.
Could a second graphics Card fix the Problem ?

Jrblack09

Windows does not handle multiple monitors with different refresh rate very well. You can disable preview while you are in-game or open a browser and disable hardware acceleration if you want to watch your stream in your second monitor. Using another gpu solely for the second monitor or getting another 144 hz monitor should work as well.