Crossfire

Hi i have black screen on Game Capture
GameCapture1.jpg
GameCapture2.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-01-16 13-48-43.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 49

Doadin

Not sure if its 100% related but i had a similar issue with obs1 and it was releated to the bug you seem to have which is the WoW icon not showing in taskbar. For me when i had this bug it would cause WoW to crash when attempting to stream. Im not sure if it will fix your issue but at the very least it will get rid of this bug.
All you have to do is delete:
1. "C:\Users\*User-Name*\AppData\Local\IconCache.db"
2. restart pc.

Referances:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10312101398#15
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html

Crossfire

Not sure if its 100% related but i had a similar issue with obs1 and it was releated to the bug you seem to have which is the WoW icon not showing in taskbar. For me when i had this bug it would cause WoW to crash when attempting to stream. Im not sure if it will fix your issue but at the very least it will get rid of this bug.
All you have to do is delete:
1. "C:\Users\*User-Name*\AppData\Local\IconCache.db"
2. restart pc.

Referances:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10312101398#15
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html
It fix the WoW icon not showing in taskbar but no the Game Capture black screen.I have black screen on all games with
Game Capture i try Window Capture same problem.Only Monitor Capture is ok for me.

Doadin

Well im glade my post was at least somewhat helpful. As far as obs goes im really not sure.The log is kinda short but it looks like it cant hook into wow. I know im able to use OBS-MP with wow so maybe something is blocking? Do you have razer synapse? The devs say that it causes issues alot. Im unfamiliar with icons but it looks like you do. Id try turning that off. The devs usually suggest to close anything/everything razer related. If that still doesnt fix it try closeing any other app that has any kind of in game overlay. I know raptr also causes issues.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
There is a potential issue right now where if the programs are not both run at the same user level (running as user vs running as admin), the capture might not work due to the way it currently hooks (I'm using the anti-cheat-safe method by default currently).

For example, if the game in question automatically starts up as admin, you may have to make sure OBS runs as admin. Or, if the game does not run admin, then you should not run OBS as admin.

Crossfire

There is a potential issue right now where if the programs are not both run at the same user level (running as user vs running as admin), the capture might not work due to the way it currently hooks (I'm using the anti-cheat-safe method by default currently).

For example, if the game in question automatically starts up as admin, you may have to make sure OBS runs as admin. Or, if the game does not run admin, then you should not run OBS as admin.
Thank you very much Jim.I start OBS and game as adminsitrator and it works.

Teraz

Yep, before start streaming I must start the game in windows mode otherwise black screen...That's funny. But I want streaming in fullscreen in the game without windows mode. -.-

fellpower

WHat is the problem with razer synapse?

I have an razor mouse and using the tool - but cant see any problems, that are related to this.

The only Problem i have is, that i cant record with gaming record in Fullscreen. ;) Assetto Corsa is always a black screen recorded.

But if i close synapse, i have the same black screen.

Last edited:

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
This thread is from January 2015 and concerns OBS-MP (now OBS Studio) 0.7.3. If you're having an issue with game capture please make your own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.