Question / Help game capture not working

finnamon

I've been using OBS for about half a year now, my game capture was working fine back until September when it just stopped working for no reason, the only thing that would happen when i injected an application nothing would come up in a source like it always used to. I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong but nothing that I have already tried hasn't worked.

My Specs:
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
log file
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9923e358dff0b6e6a6a1ac90c411d406
(I'm not a techy person so I'm not sure if I'm doing the log file thing right, sorry if it isn't right.)

Narcogen

I mean these in your logfile:

17:24:21.899: User added source 'Game Capture (Syphon)' (syphon-input) to scene 'Scene'
17:24:22.334: obs-data.c: [obs_data_create_from_json] Failed reading json string (1): '[' or '{' expected near end of file
17:24:24.471: obs-data.c: [obs_data_create_from_json] Failed reading json string (1): '[' or '{' expected near end of file

Scene files are json scenes. That seems to be saying that after it adds your syphon source to the scene, there is an error reading a json string. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Are you using the same version of OBS, the same version of MacOS, and the same version of SyphonInject, and it was working before and now isn't-- nothing changed?​

finnamon

Yes, it is the same version it just stopped working after I updated OBS back in September, and it just stopped working right after I updated to the newer version of OBS.

Narcogen

I just checked myself and I can't get anything to properly inject, either. Then again, I don't think SyphonInject has been updated for 3 years, so it may be possible that something that has changed in Sierra or High Sierra is preventing it from working.

finnamon

Ok, then I'm not sure whats wrong with it. When it stopped working I just assumed that the update messed something up, I guess there is no fix then? Hopefully they can attempt to fix it in later updates.