Game Capture + DX 12 = Crash

Sethimus Xechon

Hey OBS-Team,

after many tests and few seassions Civ 6 and RDR2 Im pretty sure I found an (OBS-)bug. First: If I run this games on DX12 there is no problem. Everything works just fine. As far as I start OBS and use "Game Capture" the game and the driver starts to crash. If I use Screen capture oder Window Capture everything is fine. Its only with Game Capture. I tried several options like Anti-Cheat on/off, Hook-Rate slow/normal/fast/faster, fixed FPS, and so on. It doesnt matter what I changed. As long I use Game Capture a few sec./min. the games crash.

Is this already known or is there already a fix I didnt find? I dont think its a Game-Thing with two different studios.

Hardware:
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Intel Xeon 1231v3
16 GB RAM

Greetings

Sethimus Xechon

Edit: Of course I tested AMD Radeon Drivers 20.5.1 and the 20.4.2.

Last edited:

Sethimus Xechon

Hi @R1CH and thank you for your answer.

I read the Known Conflicts-Site. Well what should I say. I disabled Discord-Overlay, Radeon-Overlay and dont using any other overlays or programms on the list. Its still not working (crash after a few sec. after I loaded my last match). Im really thankful for your free OBS but tbh I think its an OBS/DX12-Thing. DX11 works perfect ingame and while OBS is running.

For me this means I have to use window capture oder screen capture as long a I want or need to use DX12.

Greetings

Sethimus Xechon