Question / Help Game capture black screen

kexelele

Whenever I try to start game capturing any game it just shows a black screen. It has been working on my computer and I don't understand now why it is not working, what should I do? (I tried reinstalling it and things like that)

Sometimes the Executable name changes and so GC can't see it anymore. Next time the game is loaded, open the GC you are working withs properties page. Find the executable, and see if it comes up.

Patrick

kexelele

It doesn't work, I have the specific window there and I can select it but it will be black forever(yes, I tab in the game and tab out, and I check it after that)
1.PNG

kexelele

screen capture works and game capture works in other programmes so I don't know what is the problem with obs

kexelele

I have tried to do that as well but it didn't work. I also tried to install an older version of obs and older version of video card driver but it didn't work

Some games require the Compatibility Hook for Anti-Cheat to be used, do you have that box checked? Also uncheck the scaling box, And enable teh anti-cheat hook.

Mac and Gaming

now i know this is from june 2018 and this is a different question but for some reason i cant stream half life source ive tried games like roblox and minecraft and they work im on mac and this is a screenshot
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 2.58.18 PM.png
also this
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 2.58.30 PM.png

Narcogen

Not only is this a wholly separate issue, but that's a wholly separate platform (MacOS vs Windows).

Not every application on MacOS can be captured by Syphon. Workarounds are window and display capture. I suggest display capture as window capture is non-performant under MacOS.

Be advised that in Mojave and upwards, Syphon does not function at all.

Wow this is an old old thread that you've come back onto Irsh! Couple of things, Looks like you're on Windows 8.1 is that correct? I'm not sure about OBS behaviour unfortunately on that platform, so I can't give you a definitive answer on your problem. Understand that some apps just won't hook period no matter what you try, in which case you will need to use Display Capture instead. I also noted the following error that popped up many times while initiating the hook:

18:03:09.842: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] error acquiring, scale is bad

I've never seen that particular error before, but I noticed something kind of weird, it's reporting your display as 1280x720, but you have a base res of the canvas (OBS Settings -->Video) set at 1366x768 which is a typical laptop display...but I'm confused then, did you have it set as 1280x720 in windows? Then it downscales to your desired output at 908x512. I'm wondering if that's where your problem is, set your laptop display to 1366x768 and try again, OR set your Canvas settings (OBS Settings -->Video) to 1280x720 and give it a whirl.

Again, it could be that you can't hook that process at all for some other reason, and you'll have to use display capture to snag the source, but with this scaling error in the log, I wonder if it is just a matter of changing your settings as I have noted above...

Forgive the very late reply, but this thread was so old lol, next time for faster help try submitting a new request in a new thread, it's better for everyone involved, and you'll more than likely get an answer fast, at least much faster than this one! Hope all is well, stay safe, let me know if this worked for you!