Question / Help Game Capture Black Screen

Nighte

Hey, I try to capture Minecraft using the Game Capture feature, and it doesn't work, returning a black screen. The log file is below, but basically these two lines repeat after initialization:
Code:
19:34:50: [game-capture: 'Game Capture 1'] gl_shtex_init_gl_tex: failed to open device
19:34:50: [game-capture: 'Game Capture 1'] ------------------ gl capture freed ------------------
Although I haven't checked the logs, using Game Capture with CS:GO also returns a black screen.

Using Window Capture does something...weird.
upload_2015-7-11_19-50-59.png

It doesn't return any errors in the log, but the image is static, and obviously OBS should not be in the frame.

Here is the only line in the log:
Code:
19:34:56: source 'Window Capture' (window_capture) created

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:
After seeing this in the Help section:
One of my actual sources is black and not showing up
Are you trying to stream a fullscreen game? You'll need to hook into it using the 'Game Capture' source in OBS. As well, OpenGL games like Minecraft have issues with Window Capture and you'll need to use Monitor Capture to show them. If desktop capture is showing up as black, it indicates that you either need to update windows or update DirectX.
I tried it with Super Meat Boy. It works. My bad for not reading the help first.

Attachments

• 2015-07-11 19-34-31.txt
    163.6 KB · Views: 15