Question / Help Game Capture Black Screen - Worked Fine Yesterday

Nancie

Nope, not running anything like that at all. I havent updated anything since this happened or even just prior to this happening so I am really confused. I didnt change any settings/scenes or sources either. I just went to start my stream today and all of a sudden my game capture source is a black screen, and it doesn't matter what game I try to run. Its all of them.

I also just tried a window capture and it works for my browser but it will not display my game or any game in window capture.

Last edited:

creature

I just fixed my problem by verifying game cache. I guess we didn't have the same issue.

I assume you're already using anti-cheat compatibility hook in game capture properties? I used to have a problem with a black screen while streaming Battlefield 1. My log said the same thing yours did - [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] attempting to hook process: over and over again. But mine was caused by an incompatibility issue with RTSS hooking the game, solved by starting the game with Afterburner closed.

Sorry I can't really help, good luck

Nancie

Yes by default that anti-cheat compatibility hook was already checked. But I dont have any Afterburner or anything similar installed.